Big Day Out

Three men of varying sizes guide you on a day trip of comic characters and sketches. This is their Edinburgh story.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Final Push (posted by Matt)

As I seem to be the only person left blogging on the site I thought I would try to do at least a few words each day. Today was something of a landmark for several reasons. But first I've decided to stop talking about being tired/drunk/hungover on the blog -it's taken as given by now and my mother will start to worry. But suffice to say this morning I awoke full of cider and the appropriate level of self-loathing that comes with knowing most people have been awake for five or six hours. But at 12.15pm we got a call to say Peter Groves, friend of BDO, had tried to book tickets and been told we had sold out. Five hours before the show starts. Which for the three of us, who had spent months bracing ourselves for struggling to get people in to see us, was amazing. So today was the first day with no flyering at all. It was also the last day we had a two-digit number of shows left. From now on we have 9 shows left which makes me a bit sad already - brace yourself for melancholy next weekend. It has been, and still is, an amazing experience which has exceeded my wildest dreams and drinking capacity. (Sorry). Today also saw some drama with a bag of props and costumes going missing until minutes before the show and the last of our Ikea stools finally giving up the ghost. Tomorrow I shall be mostly standing during the show and trying to take it all in for the final week. Have also agreed to see a show at 10.30am tomorrow (Sunday). I can't remember what the world looks like at that time. But with a cup of tea in bed at 11pm on a Saturday night, I'm determined to find out. Sweet dreams...